The real Cuba.com sigue levantando ronchas y haciéndole la vida más difícil a los defensores del castrismo.
CENTRO ANTICOMUNISTA
2006-01-04 04:59:35 UTC
FOTOS! LA CUBA "LIBRE" DE HOY,

ES ESTO LO QUE LOS PUEBLOS DE AMERICA LAT. BUSCAN ?////?????? !...

The real Cuba.com sigue levantando ronchas y haciéndole la vida más difícil a los defensores del castrismo.

LAS FOTOS HABLAN MEJOR QUE MILES DE PALABRAS!
Ahora las fotos han aparecido en un website muy popular en Argentina y han causado tremendo revuelo por lo que se puede ver en los comentarios de los que aun defienden a Castro y los que dicen que cada una de esas fotos valen mas que 1,000 palabras

Este es el link al website argentino:

http://argentina.indymedia.org/news/2005/12/361336
--
http://www.cubafotos.net/cubafotos1.htm

http://www.juanperez.com/comerciales/tv.html

Sobre el ASESINO che:

http://members.aol.com/Guanabacoa/che.html

http://ernesto-el-che-guevara.piranho.de/

---------------------
www.amigospais-guaracabuya.org

-------------------

http://www.martinoticias.com/media/audio/M-001_051004.wma

http://www.martinoticias.com/MMtv.asp

Corrupcion_en_Cuba
http://www.cadal.org/libros/pdf/Corrupcion_en_Cuba.pdf

http://satelites.ath.cx/radiotv/Radio_Mambi.htm

"Dan Christensen" <***@allstream.net> a écrit dans le message de news:Ztmuf.257$***@newsfe20.lga...

"PL" <***@pandora.be> wrote in message news:1gbuf.87058$***@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
[snip portions of PL's posting already debunked here, or too lame to bother
with]
And the tourists can only visit what the government tells them.
Wonderful touring !!!
You can rent a car and go anywhere you want -- any town or village on
the
island.
at exorbitant prices that discourage most people to hire a car.
There are no checkpoints or any such things as you seem to be implying.
Yes there are to keep Cubans out of tourist areas like Cayo Coco, ...
There are also regular police checkpoints on the roads.
Mr. Lobbyist desperately trying to change the subject.
Nope.
I am just exposing your lies that there are no checkpoints in Cuba.
Try driving close to the US Base in Guantanao.
Lots of checkpoints for miles around there.
A military base, like I said.
Please tell us
even one area other than military bases that is off limits to tourists,
areas near Castro's prisons.
Lots of checkpoints on the access roads.
Just how desperate are you, Mr. Lobbyist? Are you now going to tell us that
tourists can freely wander into US military bases and prisons?
Try and drive it.
In all Cuban institutions (from hospitals to libraries) are "guardias"
that will follow tourists in these insitutions.
So you admit that these, too, are not off limits to tourists. Contrary to
your lies then, tourists can go anywhere that they can in the US, Canada, or
Europe.
But I see that you don't deny that lots of places are "off limits to
Cubans".
Thanks for confirming Castro's apartheid system all over again comrade
Dan.
http://www.cubaverdad.net/apartheid_in_cuba.htm
[snip]

There is no "apartheid" in Cuba. It is one of the most democratic countries
in the world. All citizens have the equal right and opportunity, regardless
of economic circumstances, to run for and win any public office in periodic
elections. (See recent posting on this topic here. And see "Democracy in
Cuba" at my website.) Cuba also has the best health and education systems in
Latin America. By the measure of the infant mortality rate, the single most
reliable indicator of over all public health, Cuba surpassed the USA years
ago, and may well surpass Canada in the near future. (See "Achievments of
the Revolution" at my website.)

And anyway, it was was you and your political masters who supported the real
apartheid system in South Africa. Who says? None other than Nelson Mandela
himself. Yes, I know that, to you on the extreme right, he is just another
terrorist, but here is what he had to say about Cuba's decisive role in
bringing down your beloved apartheid regime:

"Many people, many countries, including many powerful countries, have called
upon us to condemn the suppression of human rights in Cuba. We have reminded
them they have a short memory.

"For when we battled against apartheid, against racial oppression, the same
countries were supporting the apartheid regime. A regime that represented
only 14 percent of the population, while the overwhelming majority of the
people of the country had no rights whatsoever. They supported the apartheid
regime. And we fought successfully against that regime with the support of
Cuba and other progressive countries.

"They now want to be our only friends, and dare to ask us to renounce those
people who made our victory possible. That is the greatest contempt for the
morality and the principles which are the basis of our relations, not only
with the various population groups in this country, but with the entire
world.

"And I wanted to make a commitment that we will never let our friends down,
friends during the most difficult period of our struggle, especially Cuba."

Source: South Africa president Nelson Mandela addresses Cuba solidarity
conference, 1995

And some years later, at a banquet in honour of Fidel, Mandela said:

"If today all South Africans enjoy the rights of democracy; if they are able
at last to address the grinding poverty of a system that denied them even
the most basic amenities of life, it is also because of Cuba's selfless
support for the struggle to free all of South Africa's people and the
countries of our region from the inhumane and destructive system of
apartheid. For that, we thank the Cuban people from the bottom of our
heart....

"As the beneficiary of international solidarity that helped make it a member
of the community of free nations, democratic South Africa is proud to be
amongst the majority of nations who affirm the right of the Cuban people to
determine their own destiny, and that sanctions which seek to punish them
for having decided to do so are anathema to the international order to which
we aspire."

Source: "Speech by Mandela at Castro banquet," 1998
http://www.polity.org.za/html/govdocs/speeches/1998/sp0904.html
As I said comrade Dan.
Every time you post that lie about me
No lies, Mr. Lobbyist. Just YOUR OWN WORDS.

You would like us to forget all about your little indiscretion here -- you
actually boasting about your lobbying exploits. Too bad! It is now a matter
of public record. In addition to your own words here, we have your
prodigious production stats here and at other forums.

For details, see the thread "Top Official: US Wants Cuba 'Liberation'" where
our Mr. Lobbyist here obligingly runs through almost his entire repertoire
of desperate lies, distortions and evasions, including those here, each
debunked by yours truly at:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/soc.culture.cuba/browse_frm/thread/1ae3dea90e537555/c9ae6074e5dc9370?q=group:soc.culture.cuba+insubject:top+insubject:official#c9ae6074e5dc9370

Dan
Visit my CUBA: Issues & Answers website at
http://www.netcom.ca/~dchris/CubaFAQ.html
Prof. Dr. Ing. IPS Raspopitul
CENTRO ANTICOMUNISTA
2006-01-04 00:36:04 UTC
"CINCO PERROS"

Estaban un Ingeniero, un Contador, un Químico, un Experto en Informática y un Chavista alardeando sobre la inteligencia de sus perros.

El INGENIERO ordenó a su perro: "ESCALÍMETRO", ¡muestra tus habilidades!!. El perro trotó hasta el almacén, agarró unos ladrillos, unas tablitas y rápidamente armó el sólo una casita.

Todos admitieron que esto era casi increíble.

Entonces, el CONTADOR dijo que su perro podía hacer algo mejor y le dijo: "FORMULARIO", ¡¡¡muestra tus habilidades!!!.. Formulario fue hasta la cocina, volvió con una docena de galletas y las dividió en 4 pilas iguales de 3 galletitas cada una.

Todos admitieron que eso era genial.

Pero el QUÍMICO dijo que su perro podía hacer algo aún mejor. "CUÁNTICO",¡¡ muestra tus habilidades!!...

Cuántico se levantó, caminó hasta el refrigerador, tomó un litro de leche, agarró un vaso mediano y lo llenó sin volcar ni una gota.

Todos aceptaron que esto era impresionante.

El EXPERTO EN INFORMÁTICA sabía que podía ganarles a todos. "MEGABYTE",¡hazlo!... Megabyte atravesó el cuarto, encendió la computadora, controló si tenia virus, mejoró el sistema operativo, mandó un e-mail, e instaló un jueguito, ¡¡¡excelente!!!

Todos sabían que esto era muy difícil de superar así que miraron al CHAVISTA y le dijeron: "Y su perro, ¿qué puede hacer?"

El Chavista llamó a su perro y dijo: "REFERENDUM", ¡¡¡muestra tus habilidades!!!
Referéndum se paró de un salto, se comió las galletas, se tomó la leche, borró todos los archivos de la computadora, acosó sexualmente a los otros cuatro perros, después alegó que, como los otros habían hecho fraude, se retiraba, pidió una jubilación con privilegios y por supuesto, invadió la casita.

ASI ESTA VENEZUELA. ASI FUNCIONA LA DICTADURA CHAVESTIA.

CENTRO ANTICOMUNISTA
2006-01-04 01:11:09 UTC
Plane may help overcome Cuba's blockade OF FOREIGN NEWS...
TV and Radio Martí prepared to hit the skies with a new aircraft they hope will break through Havana jammers and the Cuban government's monopoly on the island's media.
BY PABLO BACHELET
***@MiamiHerald.com
January 3, 2006
http://www.sunherald.com/mld/miamiherald/news/world/americas/13536704.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_americas
WASHINGTON - One TV Martí show features an actor portraying Cuban leader Fidel Castro as a cranky and infirm boss. Another has a Havana woman complaining about the nearly constant electricity blackouts.

Most Cubans are unable to view these political satires because of their government's powerful jamming.

But TV and Radio Martí are preparing to hit the skies this spring with a new broadcasting airplane they hope will improve their ability to break through the jamming and the Cuban government monopoly on the island's mass media.

The aircraft will replace a Pennsylvania National Guard Commando Solo C-130 that has been transmitting to Cuba for four hours on weekends. The aircraft has also been used to broadcast to Iraq and Afghanistan.

TV and Radio Martí usually broadcast from a blimp tethered in the lower Florida Keys, but it was knocked out by last year's hurricanes and has not been replaced. Cuba has been largely successful in jamming the signals since the radio opened in 1985 and the TV station followed in 1990.

Supporters say the addition of the mobility and broadcasting strength of the new aircraft, expected to be delivered in the spring, will give the station the technological punch needed to overcome the jamming.

The television station has broadcast on UHF channels from a blimp in Cudjoe Key and on a VHF channel with Commando Solo. It also uses the HispaSat1 satellite. The radio station now broadcasts on shortwave, AM and FM frequencies from transmitters in Marathon and Summerland Key, as well as North Carolina and California.

The new broadcast aircraft will allow Radio Martí to transmit more effectively on the FM band, officials say, and TV Martí to spread its signal well outside Havana, so that Cubans in the provinces will be able to videotape its programs and pass them on.

FOUR ANTENNAS

Cuba's jamming of both radio and TV signals is strongest around Havana, which has about 2.2 million of the island's 11 million people. Pedro Roig, the head of Radio/TV Martí, said the Cuban jamming comes from four antennas on some of Havana's tallest buildings.

Roig said the TV signal will also be added to the DirecTV satellite lineup. Although Cuban regulations make it almost impossible to have a private satellite reception dish, they are easily available on the black market.

''The object is to use as many [transmitting] channels at our disposal,'' said Joseph O'Connell, the spokesman for the International Broadcasting Bureau in Washington, the U.S. government entity that controls Radio/TV Martí.

TV Martí is also preparing to add a second newscast in the evening, O'Connell said, and the radio and TV news operations were combined earlier last year to improve coverage and efficiency. Radio Martí, which according to surveys of Cubans arriving in Miami, has seen its market share slide in recent years, has changed to an all-news and information format.

Jorge Luis Hernández, director of broadcasting operations of Radio and TV Martí, said management has been trying for a more youthful, modern feel and added more satires to the TV lineup. La Oficina del Jefe -- The Office of the Boss -- a spoof on Castro, is especially popular, Hernández added.

Congress last month allotted $10 million for the new aircraft, on top of $28 million to cover operating expenses for Radio/TV Martí. The damaged blimp will also be replaced at a cost of $1.7 million. Officials have not determined the kind of aircraft or whether it will be leased or purchased, O'Connell said.

Cuban dissident Vladimiro Roca and independent Havana journalist Angel Pablo Polanco told The Miami Herald in telephone interviews that the broadcasts help counter the propaganda of the Cuban government, which controls the island's mass media.

But some critics say the stations are a waste of U.S. taxpayers' money and that the Cuban government should have little difficulty jamming the new plane's signal.

''Just because the plane's moving around doesn't change the fact that [the signal] is broadcast on a frequency. . . . The Cubans figure out what frequency it's on; they jam it,'' said John Nichols, a Pennsylvania State University professor who has researched Cuban communications issues.

O'Connell also acknowledged the aircraft will only fly in U.S. airspace -- limiting how closely it can approach Cuba -- to avoid violating international treaties on telecommunications. Havana has long argued that Radio/TV Martí, even by broadcasting from U.S. airspace, violates the regulations by aiming its signals at Cuba.

But Radio/TV Martí officials insist they have evidence suggesting the aircraft will significantly add to their broadcasting punch.

The station has received more than 600 calls from Cuba during the Commando Solo flights. ''We have never before had such a feedback from people who have seen our broadcast,'' Roig told The Miami Herald.

Polanco said TV Martí could be viewed for the first time in the provinces, and sometimes on the western and eastern outskirts of the capital, during the Commando Solo flights.

Jammers work by transmitting on the same frequency as the targetted signals. And they usually have the upper hand because they are closer to the receivers, said James Lewis, a former U.S. diplomat.

`PUNCH THROUGH'

Lewis said one way to overcome the jamming is to ''punch through'' by using a more powerful transmitter or broadcasting from multiple sources -- like the airplane, blimp and ground stations. Cubans could then counter by boosting the potency of their own jamming stations.

''It's hard to stress the [jamming] system to the point of failure with something like this,'' Lewis said, adding that the airplane would be simply ''more annoying'' to the jammers than a balloon or fixed station. News of the aircraft's planned purchase also sparked new attacks by critics of Radio/TV Martí who argue the programming lacks credibility among Cubans.

''It abandons news judgment when sensitive issues are in play,'' said Phil Peters, a Cuba analyst with the Lexington Institute, a conservative Washington think-tank.

Roca said Radio/TV Martí has ''plenty of credibility'' and added: ``It is important that we get different . . . opinions or criteria and news, to break the Cuban government's news and information blockade.''

''We follow [government] standards and guidelines,'' said TV Martí's Hernández. ``We try to offer to the people of Cuba the window of opportunity to give them all the information the Cuban government denies them.''

"Live-Free-or-Die"
"...one nation UNDER GOD" "IN GOD WE TRUST"

CENTRO ANTICOMUNISTA
2006-01-04 01:25:31 UTC
Chilean candidates prepare for crucial debate
Chilean ruling coalition presidential candidate Michelle Bachelet and opposition Conservative businessman Sebastian Piñera are scheduled to debate Wednesday evening on national television, the only time they will do so before the run off next January 15
Mercosur
Monday, 02 January
http://www.mercopress.com/Detalle.asp?NUM=7000

The one hour debate will be aired in all Chilean open channels and could be crucial since a good performance from any of the two candidates would have a decisive impact on the independent electorate which still is unresolved about to whom trust its vote.
Bachelet and Piñera have already clashed in two debates previous to the December 11 first round, with two other hopefuls, when the ruling coalition candidate was seen as having managed a slight advantage over her adversaries on both occasions.

The first public opinion poll to be published since December 11 shows Ms Bachelet with 42.8% of vote intention and Mr. Piñera trailing closely 37.5%. The poll was done December 18/22.

In the first round Ms Bachelet managed 46% of the vote and Mr. Piñera 25.4%. However it was the first time that the Conservative block (adding Joaquin Lavin) was ahead of the coalition of centre and centre left parties, (mainly President Ricardo Lagos Socialist and Christian Democrats) which has ruled Chile since recovering democracy in 1990.

Currently Mr. Piñera is trying to attract the hard right wing of Mr. Lavin (23.2% in December 11) and Ms Bachelet the more left wing Humanist and Communists whose leaders have promised her support.

However the big fight and hard blows are centred in the ruling coalition's junior partner, the Christian Democrats, many of whom feel more sympathetic towards the successful businessman Mr. Piñera and his compassionate Christian attitude than Ms Bachelet, a declared agnostic, with former links to the "hard" left and head of a one parent family in a most Catholic country.

Mr. Piñera is expected to question Ms Bachelet's leadership capacity and good reaction when criticized, which allegedly she has failed in transmitting, partly because of the overwhelming figure of president Lagos who virtually picked her as his successor and has a "protective" attitude towards her.

"We're going to show that Ms. Bachelet is well prepared for the job: she is a doctor in medicine, is an expert in military affairs which she learnt in a US academy, as a former minister in two delicate areas, Public Health and Defence is well aware of what governance means and besides is fluent in four languages", said Sergio Bitar head of her campaign team and former Education Minister.

Mr. Piñera apparently will announce a package of economic and social proposals to fight poverty; improve education and health services; stabilize the rising value of the Chilean currency which is harming non metal exports, and a strong law and order stance.

According to close associates he will avoid a direct confrontation with Ms Bachelet so as not to "repel" the woman vote. In a New Year public celebration Mr. Piñera made it a point to look for Ms Bachelet congratulate her, and then hugged and kissed her three times before photographers. If the ruling coalition wins Ms Bachelet will be the first woman president in Chile's history

Ms Bachelet is expected to attack the fact Mr Piñera is one of the richest men in Chile, (including Lan Chile and Chilevision, one of the country's main television stations), which could become highly sensitive to the businesses "lobbies", plus his refusal to dispose of all his assets in a blind fund while in politics.

Piñera's team also underlines that the achievements of Chile since becoming a democracy can be attributed to a strong presence of the opposition in Congress keeping track of the ruling coalition. Now that the ruling coalition will have a majority in both Congress Houses, (following on December 11 results) a same colour Executive is not healthy in political or counterbalance terms.

The debate format is with four journalists asking the same questions to both candidates.

CENTRO ANTICOMUNISTA
2006-01-04 01:29:26 UTC
Christian-Cleansed Saudi Arabia
Posted by Myles Kantor
***@hotmail.com
January 3, 2006
http://antiprotester.blogspot.com/2006/01/christian-cleansed-saudi-arabia.html

"You have to understand that the population of Saudi Arabia has zero Christians," remarks Saudi prince Al-Walid Bin Talal in a recent interview.

"You don't say," to quote Sergeant Foley in An Officer and a Gentleman. The State Department notes in its 2004 report on Saudi Arabia:

"The Government prohibited the public practice of non-Muslim religions. In general, non-Muslims are able to worship privately, but must exercise great discretion to avoid attracting attention. Conversion by a Muslim to another religion was considered apostasy. Apostasy is a crime under Shari'a and, according to the Government's interpretation, is punishable by death."

In November the regime sentenced teacher Muhammad al-Harbi to 40 months in prison and 750 lashes for discussing other religions.

Given the president's emphasis on human rights, stuff like this doesn't look too cool.
Posted by Myles Kantor