US businesses getting hammered by Venezuela crisis
Add Reply
jat
2017-04-23 16:05:08 UTC
Responder
US businesses getting hammered by Venezuela crisis

The political and economic crisis in Venezuela is costing US companies
dearly, as General Motors can attest following the unexpected
nationalization of its plant there.

The big auto-maker shut down its operations in Venezuela and laid off
its 2,700 workers after the government on Wednesday seized the plant,
which had been idle because of the chaotic market environment. The group
had been operating in the South American country for 69 years.

GM isn't the only US business to be walloped by Venezuela's crisis.

Kimberly-Clark, a personal-care paper group, had its factory taken over
last July, and posted a charge of $153 million to deconsolidate its
Venezuela operations.

Biscuit-maker Mondelez -- behind America's well-known Oreo brand -- also
took a one-time charge of $778 million to reconfigure its Venezuela
operations as an investment in its accounts, to prevent them dragging
the group's earnings down. Although Mondelez products still sell in
Venezuela, it's unable to track sales.

Same story for Pepsi, which reported a $1.4 billion loss last October
from its Venezuela business.

- A crude let-down -

Read more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-4436706/US-businesses-getting-hammered-Venezuela-crisis.html
--
/jat
Knowledge will set you free
El conocimiento te hará libre
PL
2017-04-23 20:40:46 UTC
Responder
Post by jat
US businesses getting hammered by Venezuela crisis
ANY business is getting "hammered" by the authoritarian Maduro regime
Look up "Polar", idiot.
jat
2017-04-24 01:41:26 UTC
Responder
Post by PL
Post by jat
US businesses getting hammered by Venezuela crisis
ANY business is getting "hammered" by the authoritarian Maduro regime
Look up "Polar", idiot.
Polar won't leave Venezuela - Have a banana and make a wish, asshole.

PL
2017-04-24 12:31:29 UTC
Responder
Post by jat
Post by PL
Post by jat
US businesses getting hammered by Venezuela crisis
ANY business is getting "hammered" by the authoritarian Maduro regime
Look up "Polar", idiot.
Polar won't leave Venezuela
Polar is a Venezuelan company idiot.
It has been harassed by Maduro's state security and government.
As it can not get dollars to buy raw materials (government regulations)
its production of food products (beer and other items) is way down.
The government has repeatedly threatened that it will seize the company.
Another Maduro idiocy.

Venezuela troops occupy Polar food distribution warehouses
Source: Venezuela troops occupy Polar food distribution warehouses |
Reuters -
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-polar-idUSKCN0Q42JJ20150730

Venezuelan government controls more than 500 businesses — and most are
losing money
Source: Venezuela runs 511 companies and most lose money | Miami Herald
-
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/venezuela/article138402248.html

Empresas Polar: a symbol of resistance amid Venezuela crisis
Hated by country’s leaders, loved by the people, food producer has shown
huge resilience during turmoil
Source: Empresas Polar: a symbol of resistance amid Venezuela crisis -
https://www.ft.com/content/9f038fae-d368-11e6-b06b-680c49b4b4c0
- Have a banana and make a wish, asshole.

As I told you, unlike you I am no ape that feeds on bananas.
By the way: you are weird having bananas around your asshole. Sound
pretty painful to me. Say hello to Cheetah.
:-)
jat
2017-04-24 15:09:28 UTC
Responder
What a nasty mind you have. Really nasty! Probably, you're talking about
your own experience. - Bananas are to be eaten. Nothing else...

Post by PL
:-)
PL
2017-04-24 16:37:43 UTC
Responder
Post by jat
What a nasty mind you have.
You are the "nasty pro-dictators" one, hypocrite.
Post by jat
Really nasty! Probably, you're talking about
your own experience.
Nope. I am talking about the experience of the owners of Polar,
Venezuelans, .... You pathetic liar.

- Bananas are to be eaten. Nothing else...

An ape named Jesus said so?
That same ape used "bananas" and "asshole" in the same sentence.
I just see it as a "Freudian slip".
MDR.
Post by PL
:-)
jat
2017-04-24 15:26:04 UTC
Responder
You say: "I am no ape that feeds on bananas" So, what kind of ape are
you? - I've never said that you are an ape. Maybe your nasty mind makes
hear things that do not exit - *STOP DOING THAT CRAP* Drugs are not good!

Post by PL
:-)
PL
2017-04-24 16:41:41 UTC
Responder
Post by jat
You say: "I am no ape that feeds on bananas"
and that is the truth.
The "banana obsessed ape" are you.
Post by jat
So, what kind of ape are
you? - I've never said that you are an ape.
Stop being a hypocrite. Your insults (as in this post) are clear.
Post by jat
Maybe your nasty mind makes
hear things that do not exit - *STOP DOING THAT CRAP* Drugs are not good!
Again more insults from "ape Jesus": unlike you I don't do drugs. The
fact that you assume others do says more about yourself (very clearly)
then about those you try to defame.

Have a banana and whatever drug you like, ape Jesus.
Just don't assume we all are like you. That is very insulting
Post by PL
:-)
jat
2017-04-24 16:00:11 UTC
Responder
You say: "I am no ape that feeds on bananas" So, what kind of ape are
you? - I've never said that you are an ape. Maybe your nasty mind makes
hear things that do not exist - *STOP DOING THAT CRAP* Drugs are not
good! You must be freaked out.

Post by PL
:-)
PL
2017-04-24 16:50:40 UTC
Responder
Post by jat
You say: "I am no ape that feeds on bananas"
What part of "no ape" don't you get.
Post by jat
So, what kind of ape are
you?
None, unlike you. though science tells us we humans share up to 98.8% of
genes with (higher up) apes. You just fell short by 1.2% (if you are
"higher up" in the ape family).
http://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/permanent-exhibitions/human-origins-and-cultural-halls/anne-and-bernard-spitzer-hall-of-human-origins/understanding-our-past/dna-comparing-humans-and-chimps/
Post by jat
- I've never said that you are an ape.
just the "banana" insults, no?
Who do you think you are fouling hypocrite?
Do you really think all of us that read your comments here are retarded?
You are so mistaken and pompous.
Post by jat
Maybe your nasty mind makes
hear things that do not exist
My rather well trained and intelligent mind - as of lots of other
readers - makes me see through your crude and unintelligent insults.
Deal with reality: the "apelike" dumb one are you.
The whining idiot that loves to insult but cries like a baby when he
gets "the full load" answer to his hypocrite remarks are you.
Stop insulting me and I might overlook your stupidity.
- *STOP DOING THAT CRAP* Drugs are not
Post by jat
good! You must be freaked out.
Thanks you for again showing what a hypocrite you are.
First you suggest I am an ape that eats bananas (a very clear insults).
Now you falsely claim I would be a drug addicts.
Thanks you for showing all what an abusive liar you are, Jesus.
Post by PL
:-)
jat
2017-04-24 18:54:14 UTC
Responder
Oh what a susceptible you are! - That's not insulting. I'm just making
fun of you, asshole.

If I'm so mistaken and pompous, as you say. Why do you follow my
postings? - I don't follow yours.

"In the kingdom of blind the one-eyed man is king"
Probably, you are one of the subject of the crown.

So, stop drama, don't eat shit. Have fun that everybody is making fun of
you - Got it, dramatic and susceptible guy?

Post by jat
- I've never said that you are an ape.
just the "banana" insults, no?
Who do you think you are fouling hypocrite?
Do you really think all of us that read your comments here are retarded?
You are so mistaken and pompous.
Maybe your nasty mind makes hear things that do not exist
Post by PL
:-)
PL
2017-04-25 00:47:39 UTC
Responder
Post by jat
Oh what a susceptible you are! - That's not insulting. I'm just making
fun of you, asshole.
You a hypocrite liar, Jesus.
that everyone can see.
jat

that everyone can see.
PL
2017-04-25 02:47:50 UTC
Responder
Post by jat
Whatever you say. Who cares? - Nobody...
Yo do. hypocrite. You show that over and over again.
MDR

Byker
2017-04-23 23:13:58 UTC
Responder
Post by jat
Read more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-4436706/US-businesses-getting-hammered-Venezuela-crisis.html
Looks like Maduro is taking his cue from Castro.

Obozo made a big deal about the resumption of U.S. carrier travel to Cuba.
JetBlue in particular got his accolades. After all, when the president of
the United States sets the example for Cuba tourist travel, showing how it's
all tropical music, classic cars, Cuban cigars, mojitos, and dancing like
Beyoncé out on the Malecón, who could resist?
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cuba-usa-aviation-idUSKBN0U01XZ20151217

However, JetBlue has cut back its flights "to better match demand."
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/fl-bz-jetblue-cuts-cuba-capacity-20170215-story.html

It’s been joined by two other airlines, Silver and Frontier, fleeing for
their lives like Marielitos. They all said demand isn't what they expected:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/todayinthesky/2017/03/13/silver-airways-end-all-cuba-service/99131906/

This is a fancy way of saying what's really going on: Cuba is a tourist
hellhole. The service sucks, the amenities are gross, the place is thick
with thieves and woman-gropers, the cost is high, and the alternatives are
out there. In fact, the Caribbean is loaded with pleasant, accommodating
destinations well worth a tourist's dollar for a vacation. Taking a
vacation at a communist military-run resort really falls more into the Gulag
category.

How is this for tourist hell? Observers noticed Cuban customs officials
rummaging through tourist luggage and taking what they wanted. When the
tourists complained, they were thrown in jail:
http://www.capitolhillcubans.com/2016/10/exhibit-how-obamas-cuba-flights.html

In fact, the place is a security risk because no professional or U.S. or
U.S.-standard officials are involved. Mangy street dogs are what pass for
security dogs in Havana:
http://www.capitolhillcubans.com/2016/10/wapo-security-risk-at-cubas-airports.html

You can expect cockroaches in your breakfast cereal and tourist bulletin
boards say bring your own toilet paper:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147273-d550565-r200592377-Club_Amigo_Carisol_Los_Corales-Santiago_de_Cuba_Santiago_de_Cuba_Province_Cuba.html

Cuba's officials aren't even interested in making their foreign investors
happy. American businesses have but one purpose, according to reports: to
serve through their presence in Havana as bait to attract other sucker
businesses, the better to rob them all.:
http://www.capitolhillcubans.com/2016/11/us-companies-see-grim-outlook-in-cuba.html
PL
2017-04-24 13:40:39 UTC
Responder
Post by Byker
Post by jat
Read more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-4436706/US-businesses-getting-hammered-Venezuela-crisis.html
Looks like Maduro is taking his cue from Castro.
Chavismo, more than ever, is run from Havana by the Castros. That is why
it is a disaster. Chavez ran to Fidel for advise and help, Maduro runs
to Raul.
Lately though Raul is giving up on Maduro. He now looks to shortsighted
people in the US for his survival.

Maduro goes to Cuba to get instructions from the Castro.
See (with online translation):
Maduro llega a Cuba para tratar la crisis venezolana
http://www.cubaverdad.net/weblog/2017/04/maduro-llega-a-cuba-para-tratar-la-crisis-venezolana/
"Maduro afirma que hermandad con Cuba es "indestructible""
http://www.cubaverdad.net/weblog/2016/04/maduro-afirma-que-hermandad-con-cuba-es-indestructible/

The Cuban G2 (state security) runs a large part of Venezuela's state
security.
See (with online translation)
"Exoficial chavista – G2 cubano controla servicio de inteligencia en
Venezuela"
http://www.cubaverdad.net/weblog/2017/04/exoficial-chavista-g2-cubano-controla-servicio-de-inteligencia-en-venezuela/
"El objetivo del G2 cubano son los medios privados de Venezuela"
http://www.cubaverdad.net/weblog/2013/09/el-objetivo-del-g2-cubano-son-los-medios-privados-de-venezuela/

Top Cuban military leaders go to Venezuela to "advise" on all matters
from army to energy
See (with online translation)
"Concern over Cuba's role in Venezuela"
http://www.bbc.com/news/10344990
"La colonia cubana en Venezuela"
http://www.cubaverdad.net/weblog/2010/02/la-colonia-cubana-en-venezuela/
"Uno se pregunta ¿A qué fue Ramiro Valdés a Venezuela?"
http://www.cubaverdad.net/weblog/2013/08/uno-se-pregunta-a-que-fue-ramiro-valdes-a-venezuela/
"Días están Contados. Ramiro Valdés nuevamente a Venezuela"
http://www.cubaverdad.net/weblog/2011/07/dias-estan-contados-ramiro-valdes-nuevamente-a-venezuela/
"Chávez ha convocado a Ramiro Valdés para 'diseñar' la represión, dicen
exiliados venezolanos y cubanos"
http://www.cubaverdad.net/weblog/2010/02/chavez-ha-convocado-a-ramiro-valdes-para-disenar-la-represion-dicen-exiliados-venezolanos-y-cubanos/
"Chávez ha convocado a Ramiro Valdés para 'diseñar' la represión, dicen
exiliados venezolanos y cubanos"
http://www.cubaverdad.net/weblog/2010/02/chavez-ha-convocado-a-ramiro-valdes-para-disenar-la-represion-dicen-exiliados-venezolanos-y-cubanos/
"Teodoro Petkoff: 'No se mueve a un tipo como Ramiro Valdés sólo para
explicar cómo racionar la luz'"
http://www.cubaverdad.net/weblog/2010/02/teodoro-petkoff-no-se-mueve-a-un-tipo-como-ramiro-valdes-solo-para-explicar-como-racionar-la-luz/