In Time of Crisis, Venezuelans Help the Hungry
jat
2017-03-27 15:17:38 UTC
In Time of Crisis, Venezuelans Help the Hungry
CARACAS - Their clothes torn and dirty, nine barefoot children yell and
applaud as a convoy of cars approaches on a busy street in Venezuela's
capital.
Volunteers emerge handing out soup and clothes to the delight and excitement
of the children who have come from a town a couple of hours outside Caracas.

"We started this because we see people every day hunting for food in the
trash, not only the homeless but people on their way to work," said Diego
Prada, a 28-year-old entrepreneur who began a charity in December in
response to Venezuela's dire economic crisis.

His 'Make The Difference' initiative is one of a plethora of solidarity
projects springing up around Venezuela, in the fourth year of a crushing
recession that has forced many to skip meals and jostle for scarce
subsidized food.

http://www.voanews.com/a/in-time-of-crisis-venezuelans-help-the-hungry/3778264.html
--
/jat
Knowledge will set you free
El conocimiento te hará libre
PL
2017-03-27 16:27:48 UTC
In any case authoritarian communist Castro inspired leaders like Maduro
create hunger.
Thank God that Chavez / Maduro haven't had the time to break civil
society in Venezuela.
The people are uniting and resisting.
No new Castro in Venezuela.