Venezuela Full of Strife With Empty Refrigerators
Add Reply
jat
2017-05-06 01:33:01 UTC
Responder
Venezuela Full of Strife With Empty Refrigerators

In Venezuela, plagued with chronic food shortages and a devastated
economy, Carmen Elena Perez describes her refrigerator as merely "an
ornament in my kitchen, because filling it costs me too much money."

Dulce Maria Garcia Leon, in the western state of Trujillo, says she has
corn masa and "a little bit of cottage cheese" and eggs, though her
fridge often holds "only cold."

Vane Vargas jokes that her refrigerator, with its top-mount freezer, "is
like the North Pole: ice above, water below."

Bitter humor remains among the few things in plentiful supply in this
once-wealthy South American country, where many of its 31 million people
struggle to find enough to eat.

So VOA's Spanish Service invited Facebook and Twitter users there to
dish about the contents of their refrigerators and cupboards. The
informal, unscientific survey drew more than 60 responses – 54 on
Facebook, nine on Twitter – offering a glimpse into daily lives.

https://www.voanews.com/a/venezuela-full-of-strife-with-empty-refrigerators/3839812.html
--
/jat
Knowledge will set you free
El conocimiento te hará libre
PL
2017-05-06 11:34:32 UTC
Responder
Thank the likes of Castro, Chavez and Maduro you have so consistently
defended here in the past.