Venezuela: Troops deployed in Tachira after looting | Venezuela News | Al Jazeera
jat
2017-05-18 11:49:59 UTC
Venezuela is deploying troops in a western province bordering Colombia
after a teenage boy was killed in overnight looting amid a wave of
anti-government protests.

"I have ordered the transfer of 2,000 guards and 600 special operations
troops" to the state of Tachira, Defence Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez
told state media on Wednesday.

Authorities said looting and attacks against security installations
erupted overnight in the state, where three people have died this week,
including 15-year-old Jose Guerrero.

The teenager was shot dead during Wednesday's spate of looting in San
Cristobal, his relatives said.

"My mom sent my brother yesterday to buy flour for dinner and a little
while later, we received a call saying he'd been injured by a bullet,"
his sister, Maria Contreras, told the Reuters news agency.

The state prosecutor's office confirmed his death, which pushed the
death toll in six weeks of unrest to at least 43, matching the number of
people killed in the last comparable wave of unrest in 2014.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/05/venezuela-troops-deployed-tachira-looting-170518055137526.html
--
/jat
Knowledge will set you free
El conocimiento te hará libre
PL
2017-05-18 15:55:44 UTC
Post by jat
Venezuela is deploying troops in a western province bordering Colombia
after a teenage boy was killed in overnight looting amid a wave of
anti-government protests.
another example of the breakdown of civil society in Cuba due to the
"Castro copier" Maduro.
An "auto-coup" is in the plans if not in action.
You push people to the limit they lash out.
jat

Cubaverdad
2017-05-18 20:03:32 UTC
Post by jat
A self-coup in Venezuela; an interesting topic to investigate
Nope. a fact in progress with the stacked constitutional court and army
added to the "constitutional" process of Maduro.

You really need to get a brain.
jat

PL
2017-05-19 14:33:11 UTC
Post by jat
Not really. I have one.
The use it for a change so we can believe you "braniac".
jat
2017-05-19 20:13:32 UTC
What you mean? Your statement is not clear; probably due to some
glitches in your brain. Have some coffee. It helps...

PL
2017-05-20 17:14:11 UTC
Post by jat
What you mean?
Use your (tiny) brain for a change.

PL
2017-05-18 16:04:33 UTC
Post by jat
Venezuela is deploying troops in a western province bordering Colombia
after a teenage boy was killed in overnight looting amid a wave of
anti-government protests.
Thanks for showing again you post fake and misleading news

and he was NOT involved in the looting: a fact your (carefully selected)
source omits.

En un comunicado posterior, la Fiscalía explicó que en horas de la tarde
del martes, "el joven de 15 años realizaba compras en un abasto" en el
sector Sabaneta del municipio San Cristóbal, "cerca de donde se
realizaba una manifestación, cuando recibió un disparo a nivel umbilical".

Source: Muere un adolescente de 15 años en una protesta en el oeste de
Venezuela | Diario de Cuba -
http://www.diariodecuba.com/internacional/1495055813_31197.html